Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ike Damage in RP

We left for Dallas on Thursday, Sept. 11, because I have family here and we just didn't want to stick around. Reports I'm getting from in-laws whom stayed behind is that our next door neighbors, the Stroope's, had a tree tear into their roof. We have a pine tree that has fallen into another group of trees and is being held up right now by those trees. We also have a tree that took out part of our fence and is resting on our garage, but apparently we have no damage from trees. Shirley Rogers has multiple damage points from trees. One took out part of the side of her house. Another took out her electricity meter. I don't know about the rest of the houses on Marymont Park. Apparently there is a lot of debris from limbs and fallen trees on Braxton Bragg. I'll be making a day trip on either Tuesday or Wednesday (JSC is likely closed all week and since I don't have to go to work, I'm going to stay where we have electricity and A/C for as long as I can). I will try to help my neighbors as much as I can while I'm there for the day and will help some more when we return for good. How has everyone else fared? I suspect the front part of the subdivision is worse off than the back half because the front half is older (older trees...more problems).

1 comment:

A. Reed Watson said...

I need to make a correction since we finally got back into town tonight. Shirley's house is fine except for her garage and a leaning tree in her front yard. The Stroope's house is bad, though. An oak tree went right down the middle of it.